I feel so honored…Katie sent me a Stylish Blogger Award!!
Thank you so much Katie for considering me a stylish blogger!! This award comes with some rules:
- Thank and link back to the one who awarded you (done – see above)
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to some awesome bloggers
- Contact said bloggers and let them know they are awesome
Here are the 7 things about me:
- I know every word to all the songs in “Grease” and even went to see the movie in the theater when it was re-released in 1998.
- I absolutely HATE haunted houses and scary movies!! I will not watch a scary movie on TV and will NEVER go to a haunted house. I have even been known to cry my way through a haunted house.
- I have a nice collection of cookbooks but I very rarely make any recipes out of them. I’m determined to change that though!!
- When I was a kid (like 10 or 11) I decided that I wanted to be a marine biologist after going to Sea World with my Nana. I made it through one semester as a Biology major in college before switching to Business.
- If I could do it over again, I would go to college for Pharmacy and not business. I worked as a Pharmacy Tech for 4 years in college and loved every minute of it – it was my favorite job!
- When I went away to college I didn’t know a single person!! It was quite scary at the time and I almost decided not to go but I’m really glad I did! I had a great 4 years at Bloomsburg University!
- I love to color with a fresh box of crayons and new coloring book. I have been known to color well into my teenage years (and even on summer vacation home from college). Something about coloring is very therapeutic to me.
Rule #3 and #4 require passing the award along. I don’t even know where to start with that. There are so many great bloggers out there that it’s had to narrow it down to just a few. So…if you are reading this and you blog, consider yourself a Stylish Blogger!!
Today was my last day of the work week! I have a really busy weekend planned and lots to do tomorrow that I have already started crossing things off my to-do list!
I started the day off right with a bowl of overnight oats.
I added some chia seeds to this batch. I’m not a huge fan of chia seeds. There’s nothing wrong with them, I just don’t really feel the need to add them to my diet. Once I’m finished with the container I have, I don’t think I will be buying them again.
Today absolutely flew by at work, I was pretty busy from the time I sat down until the time I shut the computer down to leave. I had a few tax returns that I really wanted to get off my desk – and I succeeded.
My mid morning snack was a peach Chobani with a handful of granola.
Lunch was a can of soup that I found hiding in the back of the pantry this morning. I didn’t want a salad so I scoured the freezer and pantry before finally spotting this soup.
I paired the soup with a piece of bread with a smear of hummus. The perfect combination!
I worked so hard all afternoon that I practically worked through snack time – lucky for me I had a Cherry Pie Larabar in my bag and gobbled it up in no time.
This morning, before I left for work, I pulled a marinating London Broil out of the freezer to thaw so we could cook on the grill tonight.
We paired this delicious meat with some brown rice and steamed broccoli.
Tonight’s kick-butt workout was a Legs strength training session. I purposely switched my legs workout to today knowing that I would be sore tomorrow and could take an off-day if needed.
Legs Strength Training:
- Superset #1
- Lunges with Dumbbells
- Superset #2
- Plié Squats
- Fire Hydrants
I’m fully expecting a major case of DOMS tomorrow!! My legs felt like Jell-O by the end of the workout!
Question: Tell me one random fact about yourself!